Air Duct Cleaning Pricing - What to expect
Noise: To ensure proper cleaning we use the best portable vacuum on the market. The Hypervac 220 is extremely powerful, but does emit medium to loud noise. This will be set up next to your furnace. You will also hear our whips agitating the ducts and trunk lines as we move room to room.
Door: We will have one door or window to the home cracked open to run a ½ inch air hose from our van mounted compressor to the inside of your home. We can tape a majority of the door or window closed if this is an issue.
AC/Heat: We will have to turn the furnace off during the cleaning process therefore you will have no heat or A/C during service. During extremely warm or cool days there can be a minor temperature change during the duration of the cleaning. If you prefer to pre-heat or pre-cool your home before the cleaning, we completely understand.
Additional: We will have to run some extension cords and air lines around the home.
We will be all over the home multiple times with these air lines, extension cords, and vacuums.
Access and Service Limitations: We try to be upfront about any possible issues/limitations.
Suspect Asbestos/mold: Asbestos and mold can be extremely dangerous for the homeowner, occupants, and our team. We have found suspect asbestos and/or mold in roughly 50% of homes built before 1980. If we find signs of either, we will immediately bring to your attention to discuss remediation. We will not clean systems with suspect mold or asbestos present because of the dangers it may pose to our customers and team members. Please let us know if you have any concerns ahead of time.
1. Furnace Access- We need to cut two 8 inch holes in the system for our negative air machine. One on the supply side above the A Coil and another on the return side before the furnace filter. We tape, screw, and patch these holes with the proper grade galvanized steel.
2. Vent Access- We will need access to all of your supply and return vents, again we can do some minor moving of items if needed. We will need to remove most vents from floors or walls. If the vents are painted on or obstructed we will notify you. The options from here vary, but we are almost always able to clean every vent. We will discuss the options, including cutting around the vent with a razor blade to remove or using a specialized microline, a single whip tool, designed for these limited applications.
3. Equipment Mobility- We need a clear path to the furnace for our negative air machine (roughly 2.5 ft x 2.5 ft x 4 ft tall) and some working space around the furnace area.
4. Parking- We need to park within 100 ft of an entrance to the home or building.
5. Air Duct Cleaning Weather- In extreme conditions such as excessive winds, storms, lightning, or extreme temperatures we may have to reschedule. We appreciate your understanding and try to communicate any concerns as soon as they are forecasted.
6. Dryer Vent Cleaning Weather- Medium to heavy rain also may cause rescheduling for solo dryer vent cleaning. Dryer lint is nearly impossible to clean up when wet and ladders and slopes can get dangerous quickly.
Pets: We are all extremely pet friendly and are happy to work around animals and have no problem with animals home during service. It will be noisy and there will be a lot going on, which can sometimes stress pets. We will also have to have a door cracked ½ inch, leading to a temptation for escape artists. We have also run into the occasional aggressive or protective pets. If you have any concerns please let us know. We are usually able to play musical rooms if there are any concerns.